Big Timer is a game made for business owners and it can also be easily adapted and used in corporations and SMEs to help your team learn about resource leveraging as well as intrapreneurship.
This Malaysian-made game of cards shows you and your team key aspects of any organisation’s business such as customers, systems, prioritisation, marketing and collaboration/partnerships.
Each deck of cards can be played by 3 persons. Participants do not challenge or outwit each other to win; they are, in fact, learning from each other’s moves and strategy.
In-depth explanation and facilitation will be conducted after the game session so that you and your team are clear on the outcomes of the game and how these outcomes can be applied to your organisation.
This workshop is recommended if you want to:
- Participate in a unique, engaging and fun team-building session
- Uncover and appreciate the biggest resource that no one’s focusing on
- Embark on quality brainstorming and discussion within the organisation such as customers, products, systems and more
- Uncover profit-generating activities in the business
- Learn which type of customers you should attract
- Understand how you can win in a competitive marketplace
- Open up real discussions on customers, profit and products
- Learn what to focus on and what to disregard or reduce in the organisation
Who Should Attend
- Heads of departments
(HR, R&D, Production, Design, Product, etc.)
- Senior executives and managers
- Marketing and Sales teams
- Engineering teams
- Finance teams
- R&D teams
- Communications & HR teams
- Production teams
Half Day Workshop
Half day workshop, either 9am to 12pm OR 2pm to 5pm
(*If your organisation is located in other parts of Malaysia, let us know and we can quote separately. Charges will include transport and accommodation.)
RM3,000 per half day workshop for 30 people.
If you have more than 30 people, contact us for a discussion.
The session is conducted by Nic Sim, the inventor of the game and assisted by his team of facilitators.
Venue to be provided by the organisation. If preferred, we can offer recommendations on suitable venues too.
|Introduction to Big Timer – concept & objectives – why the game was created – how it benefits your organisation|
|Demonstration of the game|
|Big Timer game play – session 1|
|Game debriefing with Q&A – what did you realize?|
|Big Timer game play – session 2|
|Game debriefing with Q&A – what’s different this round? – how did you win?|
|Discussion & application of key ideas for your team and organisation|
Insights & Key Learnings
The insights of the workshop can be used to lead discussions on:
- Time management and prioritisation
- Types of customers (internal/external)
- Products offered and product levels/grades
- Systems and processes
- Collaborations and partnerships
- Websites, intranets and wiki
- Customer nurturing in the digital era
- Crisis communications & PR guidelines
- Effective marketing (offline and online)
We aren’t able to explore all emerging topics in depth during the game session as it is only a 3-hour workshop.
Participants may request for separate workshops to further explore these topics if the need arises.
Contact us if you are keen to use this game in your team-building session or in-house workshop.
To explore or learn more about this game, join us for our public discovery sessions.